Monday, May 11, 2009

How do I mount a mirror on a hollow core mahogany(sp) closet door?

The mirror is about 1/4" thick and measures 15 1/2" W and 55 1/2"H. It's not a heavy mirror. What type and size of anchor do I install into the hollow core mahogany door? What type of fastener do I use on the mirror to attach the mirror to the anchors on the door?

How do I mount a mirror on a hollow core mahogany(sp) closet door?
If it's fairly flat on the back, you could use a tube of Liquid Nails. I'd lay the door on the floor, apply Liquid Nails, center the mirror, let it dry and rehang the door. However, you'll never get the mirror off without destroying the door.
Reply:go to hardware store and get mirror hangers, through srews away that come with them and use butterfly wing nuts, will have to use washers as well


if you plan on leaving there for ever would most surely use liquid nails


No comments:

Post a Comment