Saturday, November 14, 2009

How to link a PC with Windows SP 2 Black edition O/S to a network?

My black edition Pc is not recognized by the network. What can I do?

How to link a PC with Windows SP 2 Black edition O/S to a network?
My roomate has windows xp black edition and I have xp pro sp2. I recently tried to network them. All I could get was me being able to see his files but he could still not access mine. I'm actually still currently working on this. I'll will fav u and message you later. In the meantime go to





Control Panel -%26gt; Network Setup Wizard -%26gt; Select the appropriate options and make sure the "Workgroup" name is the same on both computers. Choose the final option that allows you to "repeat this process on other computer" then Restart your computer





Repeat this process on the other computer and restart that one too. Now you should be able to "My Network Places" folder on the desktop and view his shared folders.





If both the computers you are networking have floppy drives try the final option of "create network setup disc" and just put that in the other computer and set up the network with that floppy. I cannot try this method so it may work.





I'll message you when I get a lil more time to find a solution to this. Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment